Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Live Music Review: Tricky @ The Granada

The middle of March is a good time to be a music fan in Dallas. A number of good bands play here either going to or from South by South West down in Austin. This is the case with Tricky. I have been aware of Tricky for a number of years. But never really paid much attention to him. I even saw him open for Tool many years ago in San Antonio. Over the last couple years I begin listening to more and more electronic and experimental music. During this process I rediscovered Tricky. If your a have fan of either Massive Attack or Portishead then you will probably be into Tricky. He played quite a long set. Much longer than I expected. He had a full band backing him which added to the experience. It was a pretty mellow show overall. Which was nice break form the wilder concerts I tend to go to.


No comments: